Chase Training Solutions organises and supports a number of ‘open’ Bronze, Silver and Gold DofE foot expeditions throughout the year.
We also offer bespoke DofE Expedition section packages for schools and organisations, ensuring the best quality and value is achieved.
Why choose CTS?
- We have over 40 years’ experience of organising and running high quality, affordable DofE expeditions within the voluntary and statutory sectors at Bronze, Silver and Gold levels, both in the UK and overseas, successfully supporting tens of 1000’s of young people through their expedition training, practice and qualifying expeditions.
- Our founder, who started his current 44 years long DofE journey in 1974, completed Bronze, Silver and Gold awards, before continuing his involvement by organising, supervising and assessing expeditions, as well as running DofE Groups. He also worked over ten year’s full-time for the DofE as the Expedition Field Officer, assisting with the development of the Expedition section, as well as sitting on the DofE’s National Expedition Advisory Panel; therefore, we have a ‘second-to-none’ knowledge and understanding of the Expedition section within the UK and its delivery in a range of settings, including formal and informal education.
- We have an outstanding reputation for safety, ‘best practice’ and keeping within the ethos and spirit of the DofE, with no compromises!
- Our reputation for working with young people with additional needs is well-known and we are regularly asked by DofE Regional Office’s to deliver the Expedition section to special needs schools and colleges that offer the DofE Programme to their students.
- We are able to offer memorable, challenging and beneficial experiences, which are open to all DofE participants from any background, DofE Centre, DofE Group and organisation.
- As a leading provider of DofE expeditions, we have an excellent, UK wide, reputation amongst DofE Licenced Organisation’s, National Operating Authorities, Directly Licenced Centre’s, schools, local councils and organisations, who regularly use us as the ‘preferred provider’ for the delivery of the Expedition section and who also recommend and book participants onto our ‘open’ expeditions.
“I feel this email is a little overdue to thank you so sincerely for helping Milo to complete his practice. He had the most wonderful time! It was unexpected that he would get so very much out of the experience, but he arrived home with only positive feedback. He loved the training, he loved his team, and we thought how wonderful that young people from different areas and backgrounds could bond so fantastically and enjoy each other’s company. He also felt a brilliant sense of achievement which for us, his parents, was something to see, especially after the negativity of “failing” his school practice. Over the years with my three children I have seen them return from lots of trips and outings and I can honestly say that Milo’s response to his time with you was the happiest, most enthusiastic I have ever seen. Thank you for giving him a wonderful experience to remember and, even more, for helping him along the way with his Bronze Duke of Edinburgh’s Award. With best wishes and, again, thank you.”
– Parent (Bronze Participant)
“Dear Dave. My apologies in the delay in sending this email to you. I wanted to thank you very much for the experience you provided Andrew back in both April and May for his Silver Duke of Edinburgh’s Award. He really had an amazing time and has kept in contact with his new friends he met at Chase Training Solutions. Andrew spoke very highly of all your team and said he learnt an enormous amount of useful skills, so thank you very much for all this. Thank you also for completing the assessors report with praise of Andrew. I have recommended you and your team to other parents at my sons school. Kind regards.”
– Parent (Silver Participant)
“I have had the most wonderful experience with CTS and have recommended your company to many other school contacts. Our qualifying expedition in September with Wendy, Gary, Joe and Peter was such a wonderful weekend in a stunning setting. Again without the experience, patience, compassion and dedication of your staff we would not be able to offer our students this program, so I cannot thank you and these four enough.”
– Teacher (Secondary School)
“Thank you again for everything, the week spent with you guys was amazing and made the training and practice expedition an amazing experience. We were looked after really well and were made really comfortable and at ease during the whole week. It was my first time doing Duke of Edinburgh expedition and didn’t really know what to expect but you guys made it a great experience that I will not forget. Thank you again and I’ll see you this summer” 😁👍🏼
– Gold Participant
“Thank you to Dave and all his team; Ben, Mark and Derek, for all their support in leading our Gold practice and qualifying expedition this year. It was the first time that we had taken our students as a group on a gold expedition and there were many challenges because of their SEN needs. However Dave and his team were amazing and worked with us to create an expedition that met the requirements, catered for their additional needs but more importantly proved a challenge to the students. Throughout the expedition Dave worked alongside our school staff succinctly to provide extra support where needed but let school staff take a lead when students needed support from familiar school staff members. Dave was a pillar of support when things went unexpectedly wrong and made sure that the students could still achieve their expedition section. Overall it has been an amazing achievement and experience for both the students and staff. It will not be be forgotten easily.”
– DofE Manager (Special Needs School)
These and the many other comments we receive, evidence and support our business philosophy of not only providing first-class, memorable and safe DofE expeditions, but also that of giving young people an all-round valuable residential experience that illustrates youth work at its best, meeting the principles of youth work: Educative; Participative; Empowering; Expressive; and to meet the purpose of youth work “Enable young people to develop holistically, working with them to facilitate their personal, social and educational development, to enable them to develop their voice, influence and place in society and to reach their full potential.”
It is this aspect of our business that ‘sets us apart’ from many other providers, as we continually deliver ‘best practice’, upholding the values and keeping within the spirit and ethos of the DofE; and to empower, inspire, encourage and engage with young people at all levels in an informal education setting. We can only achieve this by employing a staff team that are handpicked because they possess the knowledge, skills and attitude needed to deliver the DofE Expedition section to the high standard we demand and for which we are renowned; and be able to offer the level of engagement with all young people that we support, to make any intervention a positive experience. We have that team 😊
Chase Training Solutions is licensed by the Adventurous Activities Licensing Service to provide Hill Walking and Mountaineering activities.
Interested in one of our ‘open’ expeditions? Please go to the relevant link below: