UPDATE: COVID-19

AS A LEADING DofE EXPEDITION PROVIDER, WE HAVE TO MAKE A JUSTIFIED AND RESPONSIBLE APPROACH TO THE CURRENT SITUATION WITH COVID-19, TAKING INTO ACCOUNT THE RESPONSIBILITY WE HAVE FOR THE HEALTH AND WELFARE OF OUR CUSTOMERS AND STAFF AND THIS WILL ALWAYS BE AT THE HEART OF OUR DECISIONS.

We should have a clearer picture of the Government’s extension of ‘social distancing’ advice by Friday 17th April 2020, plus the additional period of intent and maybe a potential exit strategy (although this may not be announced in the immediate future), therefore, will be able to notify all registered participants by the end of this month, beginning of next, of the increasingly likely need to postpone our ‘open’ Bronze, Silver and Gold DofE expedition weeks, scheduled at the end of May, to a later date. Unfortunately, we are unable to give any more clearer advice, until we know what the Government’s future intentions are with lifting restrictions, the timings of these, what limitations are likely to still be in place, and the nature of these.

Once we know timings, etc., we can then confirm additional future dates for DofE expeditions, as we do have alternative plans already in place, over and above those currently advertised, but are not in a position to publicise these at present, until we have confirmed guidance from the Government. We do not want to confirm postponement of the expeditions in May until we can offer definite alternative dates and options to support participants, enabling them to complete their Expedition section and achieve a positive outcome to the current situation.

WE CONTINUE TO WISH ALL OUR CUSTOMERS AND STAFF A SAFE PASSAGE THROUGH THESE DIFFICULT AND CHALLENGING TIMES.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *