Our high quality, affordable DofE expeditions, can be tailored to ensure that your life as a DofE Manager/Coordinator is made as easy as possible, and the needs of your participants are met.
Why choose CTS?
- We have over 39 years’ experience of organising and running high quality, affordable DofE expeditions at Bronze, Silver, and Gold levels, both within the UK and overseas, successfully supporting tens of 1000’s of young people through their expedition training, practice, and qualifying expeditions.
- Our founder, who started his current 43 years long DofE journey in 1974, by completing Bronze, Silver, and Gold awards, before continuing his involvement by organising, supervising, and assessing expeditions, and running DofE Groups, also worked over ten year’s full-time for the DofE as the Expedition Field Officer, assisting with the development of the Expedition section, as well as sitting on the DofE’s National Expedition Advisory Panel, which advises the Trustees for the DofE Charity of progressive improvements for the section; therefore, we have a ‘second-to-none’ knowledge and understanding of the Expedition section within the UK, and its delivery in a range of settings, including formal and informal education.
- We have an outstanding reputation for safety, ‘best practice’, and keeping within the ethos and spirit of the DofE.
- We do not compromise safety, or the importance of the training topics required to be completed, that are indicated in the Expedition Training Framework, hence the longer training period offered at each level of the DofE, than that delivered by some other providers. This helps to ensure that each participant has the required skills, knowledge and attitude, to complete their practice and qualifying expeditions in a safe and enjoyable manner, which also helps to promote a positive experience whilst completing the Expedition section.
- We are committed to offer memorable, challenging and beneficial experiences, which are open to all DofE participants from any background, DofE Centre, and organisation.
- Our reputation for working with young people with additional needs is well known, and we are regularly asked by DofE Regional Office’s to deliver the Expedition section to special needs schools and colleges that offer the DofE Programme to their students.
- All our instructors are handpicked, not just because of the qualifications they hold, but also because of their knowledge of, and safe practice, within the DofE Expedition section, and the wider DofE Programme; their enthusiasm and motivation; their commitment to ‘best practice’; and their ability to empower, inspire, encourage, and engage with young people at all levels.
- Holding professional qualifications in youth work, teaching, or outdoor education, enhanced DBS checked, and fully qualified to deliver DofE expedition training, and undertake expedition supervision and assessment, CTS staff are able to draw upon many years’ of experience working with young people from differing backgrounds and ages, to support and encourage them through their DofE expedition experience.
- We have an excellent reputation amongst DofE Licenced Organisation’s, Directly Licenced Centre’s, schools, local councils, and organisations from across the UK, who regularly use us as the ‘preferred provider’ for the delivery of the Expedition section, and also recommend and book participants onto our ‘open’ expeditions.
We offer a bespoke service, ensuring that your exact requirements are met, whether this be a series of sessions delivered at your school or centre, or specially designed residential training sessions.
We are more than happy to visit your school or organisation, at your convenience, to discuss your requirements and produce a bespoke package that fits within your budget, and one that the participants will enjoy, whilst achieving the principles and benefits of the DofE Expedition section.
Our bespoke expedition packages cost:
£165 per participant for Bronze (minimum of 6 days)
£250 per participant for Silver (minimum of 8 days)
£395 per participant for Gold (minimum of 11 days)
However, please contact us to discuss your exact requirements, which will allow us to quote an affordable bespoke cost for delivering a quality experience to your participants, school, or organisation.
Just need one expedition organising, assessing, supervising, or the training delivered? No problem, as we can arrange this for you. We also deliver a specific 4hr Expedition First Aid course, designed to meet the requirements of the Expedition Training Framework. Please contact us for further details.