Our high quality, affordable DofE expeditions, are tailored to ensure that your life as a DofE Manager/Coordinator is made as easy as possible, and the needs of your participants are met. We also run open DofE expeditions for individuals and small groups at all levels of the DofE Programme.
Why choose CTS?
- We have over 40 years’ experience of organising and running high quality, affordable DofE expeditions, within the voluntary and statutory sectors, at Bronze, Silver, and Gold levels, both in the UK and overseas, successfully supporting tens of 1000’s of young people through their expedition training, practice, and qualifying expeditions.
- Our founder, who started his current 43 years long DofE journey in 1974, completed Bronze, Silver, and Gold awards, before continuing his involvement by organising, supervising, and assessing expeditions, as well as running DofE Groups. He also worked over ten year’s full-time for the DofE as the Expedition Field Officer, assisting with the development of the Expedition section, as well as sitting on the DofE’s National Expedition Advisory Panel; therefore, we have a ‘second-to-none’ knowledge and understanding of the Expedition section within the UK, and its delivery in a range of settings, including formal and informal education.
- We have an outstanding reputation for safety, ‘best practice’, and keeping within the ethos and spirit of the DofE.
- We do not compromise safety, or the importance of the training topics required to be completed, that are indicated in the Expedition Training Framework, hence the longer training period offered at each level of the DofE, than that delivered by some other providers. This helps to ensure that each participant has the required skills, knowledge and attitude, to complete their practice and qualifying expeditions in a safe and enjoyable manner, which also helps to promote a positive experience whilst completing the Expedition section.
- We are committed to offer memorable, challenging and beneficial experiences, which are open to all DofE participants from any background, DofE Centre, and organisation.
- Our reputation for working with young people with additional needs is well known, and we are regularly asked by DofE Regional Office’s to deliver the Expedition section to special needs schools and colleges that offer the DofE Programme to their students.
- All our instructors are handpicked, not just because of the qualifications they hold, but also because of their knowledge of, and safe practice, within the DofE Expedition section, and the wider DofE Programme; their enthusiasm and motivation; their commitment to ‘best practice’; and their ability to empower, inspire, encourage, and engage with young people at all levels.
- Holding professional qualifications in youth work, teaching, or outdoor education, enhanced DBS checked, and fully qualified to deliver DofE expedition training, and undertake expedition supervision and assessment, CTS staff are able to draw upon many years’ of experience working with young people from differing backgrounds and ages, to support and encourage them through their DofE expedition experience.
- We have an excellent reputation amongst DofE Licenced Organisation’s, Directly Licenced Centre’s, independent schools, local councils, and organisations from across the UK, who regularly use us as the ‘preferred provider’ for the delivery of the Expedition section, and also recommend and book participants onto our ‘open’ expeditions.
“Hi Dave and Ben – we all just wanted to say a big thank you to both of you, and all the staff at CTS, for working so hard and so well with our learners on all the expeditions this year. As always you are both professional, great with the learners, and have a great sense of humour, and are easy to get along with. We really do look forward to working with you next year, and it’s a part of the curriculum that I and many of the staff and learners look forward to. Have a great summer both of you from all of us at Abbey Hill.”
– DofE Manager (Special Needs School)
We offer a bespoke service, ensuring that your exact requirements are met, whether this be a series of sessions delivered at your school or centre, or specially designed residential training sessions.
“Good afternoon Dave. I would like to pass on how impressed I have been with your expedition staff from Chase Training Solutions. Wendy, Perry, Tony and Joe were phenomenal this weekend. All the Cardinal Wiseman staff were so impressed with their professionalism, how they were with our students and their manner with young people. Absolutely wonderful, so thank you so much and it would be great to pass on this praise to your staff too. I would love to request to see the same staff on our assessment expedition in September if that is possible.”
– Teacher (Secondary School)
We are more than happy to visit your school or organisation to discuss your requirements and produce a bespoke package that fits within your budget, and one that the participants will enjoy, whilst achieving the principles and benefits of the DofE Expedition section.
“Hi Dave. I have had the most wonderful experience with CTS and have recommended your company to many other school contacts. Our qualifying expedition in September with Wendy, Gary, Joe and Peter was such a wonderful weekend in a stunning setting. Again without the experience, patience, compassion and dedication of your staff, we would not be able to offer our students this program, so I cannot thank you and these four enough.”
– Teacher (Secondary School)
Our bespoke expedition packages cost:
£175 plus VAT per participant for Bronze (minimum of 6 days)
£265 plus VAT per participant for Silver (minimum of 8 days)
£425 plus VAT per participant for Gold (minimum of 11 days)
- A personal, friendly, and thoroughly professional service
- In-school meetings to discuss your needs and meet staff, pupils and parents
- Expedition administration and paperwork, including DofE Green/Red Notification Forms, EVC paperwork, schedules, and risk assessments
- Comprehensive pre-expedition paperwork for participants and parents, including consent forms, kit lists, etc.
- High quality expedition training, meeting the DofE Expedition Training Framework
- Expedition venues with start, campsite(s), and finish locations
- Supportive supervision and instruction throughout from qualified and experienced instructors
- DofE Accredited Assessors for all qualifying expeditions
- Post expedition reviews with participants and leaders
- Completion of online eDofE Assessor Reports
- Campsite fees
However, please contact us to discuss your exact requirements, which will allow us to quote an affordable bespoke cost for delivering a quality experience to your participants, school, or organisation.
Chase Training Solutions is licensed by the Adventurous Activities Licensing Service to provide Hill Walking and Mountaineering activities.
“Dear Dave. I thought the team that you sent were excellent. Ann & Chris in particular were extremely diligent and professional at all times. They totally inspired the girls with their enthusiasm and encouragement. They quickly gained my trust and it was obvious that they were a highly organised and efficient team. Matthew worked quietly with the two smaller groups and again knew their positions, regularly checking in promptly throughout the course of the expedition. It was a very positive experience and the team were first class! I believe we are working with Ann & Chris again on the Qualifier and I look forward to it with pleasure.”
– DofE Manager (Independent School)
Just need one expedition organising, assessing, supervising, or the training delivered? No problem, as we can arrange this for you. We also deliver a specific 4hrs Expedition First Aid course, designed to meet the requirements of the Expedition Training Framework. Please contact us for further details.